Feminism

We are born with a rule book
That dictates to us, how we must look
That tells us what we should eat
And the way we should be petite
What we must wear
And how we must keep our hair
That tells us that to be fair
Makes a girl most beautiful, they swear
The book tells us how we must abide
By the stupid rules that it provides
We are told that boys are stronger
Because the world they can conquer
And that we have boundaries
Because I am a girl, and I should worry about the laundry
I should go about wearing a smile
And keeping my calm all the while
I should stand in the shadows
Because I am a girl and all I have interest in are clothes
I am told to keep quiet 
Because "These topics are taken care of by the guys!"
I should walk and talk a certain way
Because else it is not ladylike, oh no way
I should keep quiet and listen to all
In the end, I must become like a doll
With no voice, no words
Nothing to fight with
For the world that I want to live in
For the place that I dream of
Where all girls and guys are treated like one
Where we all are given opportunities galore
With no one needing to hear what they can and cannot do
I shall use my voice to fight for
The world that I want to see and live in
I shall break these handcuffs, stereotypes and snarky remarks
Because we all deserve the same rights and respect
And it doesn't matter if I am a male or female
And none of us are frail
-By Avantika Sanyal (ME!!!!!!!!)
                                                                          
 

Comments

  1. Astounding job Avantika.... really it's fabulous....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem Avantika! Really touched... .it was really meaningful... Loved it... .Keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Avantika here. Give me suggestions as to how i can improve my writing and tell me what you want to see next in the comments section above. Thanks for visiting this site. Comment and subscribe/follow. Adios!!!!!