THE STARS AND SMILES

THE STARS AND SMILES

On the carpet of the darkest shade of blue
twinkling far away, lie the stars
like a prized possession of the goddess of the night
beautifying the dark

Tonight the sky mirrors the day
as the stars burn away
I look up to see floating by in front of me
the memories of the deceased
because the stars unlike us, are undying
they have seen the stories of many silent heroes
of many unnoticed crimes
The stars have a lot to teach about life and its beauty
but they are ignored
what people mean by, "we are moving on too fast"
we don't notice these stars and the stories they hide
like many other small joys of our lives
and always brood over things that aren't going so right
we think no more but act and act
yet we think something is forfeited

It is now, that I promise to myself
to adore this life of small joys  more than this life of mess
I look down on the road from my seat on the window
when I am shoved back into the reality
of concrete roads and of selfish mentality
This is how life is
a mix of strain and bliss
and all our lives we worry and worry
but never look onto the other side
where the grass is greener even in life

-Avantika (ME!!!!)






Comments

  1. You are amazing ! Churning out poems like nobody's business! LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey guys! Avantika here. Give me suggestions as to how i can improve my writing and tell me what you want to see next in the comments section above. Thanks for visiting this site. Comment and subscribe/follow. Adios!!!!!